Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video playback in Photos

Can one change the spacebar to play back video (like FCP) and not require it to be Option Space?

This is a big inconsistency @Apple!

Would be great if the JKL keys worked the same way they do in FCP too!

Many thanks!

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 10:57 AM

You can do it with a macro app like Keyboard Maestro .  

I just tested it out and it works as expected in the full screen playback.  It doesn't work in the Preview mode.  Keyboard Maestro has a demo version you can try out before purchasing.  

Also there are other macro apps available at the App Store.  Just search for "macro".

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2021 10:57 AM in response to knujit

You can do it with a macro app like Keyboard Maestro .  

I just tested it out and it works as expected in the full screen playback.  It doesn't work in the Preview mode.  Keyboard Maestro has a demo version you can try out before purchasing.  

Also there are other macro apps available at the App Store.  Just search for "macro".

Nov 28, 2021 3:47 PM in response to knujit

In my opinion it's the most powerful macro app available. If all you're going to use it for simple key remapping there are less expensive apps available.

I can change Safari's use of a css file and minimum font size with a simple key combination:

I used to use QuickKeys but when I couldn't remember the key combination it was entirely too difficult to find them. With KM it's a breeze.

Video playback in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.