You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Epson ICC Profiles - R2400 - OS 10.14.6

Before I updated to 10.14 I was able to print from my Epson R2400 and see the array of canned Epson Paper Profiles (when choosing allow Photoshop to manage colors).

Now, I've done a search on my system and all of the stock Epson Paper Profiles are missing from my system (I searched via finder and colorysync utility).

It's not possible to download the profiles from Epson as I get this message if I try to install the .dmg file:You can’t open the application “Matte” because it is not supported on this type of Mac."

What are my options at this point? I need the paper profiles in order to print through photoshop (specifically UltraSmooth Fine Art Paper profile. I'm still able to print on Moab Lasal, as that profile is a stand alone file and not related to downloading the .icc profiles from Epson...

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 12:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 2:24 AM

Before you upgraded to macOS Mojave 10.14.6 did you make a full back up of your mac.

If so locate the profiles on the back up and import them into your installation

macOS Mojave.

I downloaded the Glossy and Matte profiles from Epson R2400 support page and I too could not

open the installer with the same error message you got. They are dated 2006 and I am wondering

at that age the installer may be looking for older Power macs as opposed to Intel macs even

though the operating system list goes unto macOS 12.0 Monterey.

Have you contacted Epson about this glaring omission.

There are other sets of ICC profiles available here,

https://www.epson.co.uk/support?productID=1440#drivers

They are dated as 2014 don't if they will be any use to you though.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 29, 2021 2:24 AM in response to fallat

Before you upgraded to macOS Mojave 10.14.6 did you make a full back up of your mac.

If so locate the profiles on the back up and import them into your installation

macOS Mojave.

I downloaded the Glossy and Matte profiles from Epson R2400 support page and I too could not

open the installer with the same error message you got. They are dated 2006 and I am wondering

at that age the installer may be looking for older Power macs as opposed to Intel macs even

though the operating system list goes unto macOS 12.0 Monterey.

Have you contacted Epson about this glaring omission.

There are other sets of ICC profiles available here,

https://www.epson.co.uk/support?productID=1440#drivers

They are dated as 2014 don't if they will be any use to you though.

Missing Epson ICC Profiles - R2400 - OS 10.14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.