Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K and LG C1 troubleshoot

I recently got the LG C1 TV and I can't connect my Apple TV remote to control tv settings, such as volume. I have the HDMI 2.1 in the #1 slot and made sure LG HDMI-CEC is on. Here is what I have tried so far:

• I have gone to the Apple TV settings, chose Remotes and Devices, chose Volume Control, and selected Learn New Device. When I do this, my LG Magic Remote volume button does not register to the Apple TV that I am increasing the volume, even though the volume is increasing on the tv.

I do not have cable and use the Apple TV as my main source of entertainment. My previous tv was able to be controlled by the Apple TV but it wasn't a smart TV like this new LG C1. Any suggestions on connecting my Apple TV to this new LG C1 so I am able to control Power, Source, and most importantly Volume would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 7:06 AM

Please give AppleCare a phone call and they can walk you through the process. If you are in the USA the phone number is (800) 275-2273, outside the USA please use the link below to find the number in your area.

AppleCare Contact Info

3 replies

Apple TV 4K and LG C1 troubleshoot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.