Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

video cropping no longer allowed

I frequently crop videos in Apple Photos. Now that option no longer seems to be available on videos but is still available for photos. I run High Sierra 10.13.6. Does anyone have a suggestion for this fix?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 7:46 AM

Hello danamikejohn,

We see you're having issues with being able to crop videos on the Mac, and we can help.

This page here will have details on how to get that accomplished: Change and enhance a video in Photos on Mac

It may help to try fully closing the app (Command-Q, or Photos > Quit Photos), and relaunch it.

Another step would be to try restarting the Mac, which can help with odd issues that may come up.

You can also try testing the issue out in a new Admin user on the Mac, which helps to isolate it down to being a user-specific or system-wide issue: Set up users, guests, and groups

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 7:46 AM in response to danamikejohn

Hello danamikejohn,

We see you're having issues with being able to crop videos on the Mac, and we can help.

This page here will have details on how to get that accomplished: Change and enhance a video in Photos on Mac

It may help to try fully closing the app (Command-Q, or Photos > Quit Photos), and relaunch it.

Another step would be to try restarting the Mac, which can help with odd issues that may come up.

You can also try testing the issue out in a new Admin user on the Mac, which helps to isolate it down to being a user-specific or system-wide issue: Set up users, guests, and groups

Cheers.

Nov 30, 2021 2:09 PM in response to Eric_G1

Hi! I tried all these things before I wrote but also just did it all again. Unfortunately, it still doesn't allow me to Edit my videos. If I hit the edit button, traditionally there will be three buttons across the top of the video that allows one to crop and other things. These buttons are now inactive. It still allows me to edit photos.

Thank you!

Dana

video cropping no longer allowed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.