Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can 4thgeneration iPad use 5G?

Assuming my carrier (Verizon) is a 5G network (which it is) I couldn’t find out whether an iPad 4th generation is 5G compatible. Is it? I’ve found a place that identifies 4G but also read recently that carriers are moving in 2022 to ONLY 5G.

Will my new iPadair4thgeneration be able to use 5G cellular?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 7:33 AM

No.

You can check and compare specifications of recent models of iPad here:

iPad - Compare Models - Apple

6 replies

Nov 29, 2021 11:50 AM in response to Musiclover734

I have not seen any news that any USA carrier is moving to exclusively 5G as not a single one of them truly has nationwide 5G in place yet. Also reportedly less than half of all cellular phone users have 5G devices and based on rates of sales, tech news reports it won’t even reach half until after 2024.

So all the news I’ve seen is that 4G will be maintained alongside expanding 5G for at least the rest of this current decade.

Bottom line is nobody in tech news has been reporting anyone needs to rush out anytime in the next several or more years and buy a new 5G device unless they wish to. For large numbers of users, 5G either is not available or spotty in their home area.

Can 4thgeneration iPad use 5G?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.