Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Text Messages

How can I restore my deleted text messages on my phone

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 7:06 AM

If Messages in iCloud is enabled, the messages cannot be retrieved. If you're unsure if this feature is turned on, here's how to check: Use Messages in iCloud. If Messages in iCloud isn't turned on, and you have a backup that contains the messages, they can be restored with these steps: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup. Keep in mind, any data that has been put onto your iPhone after the backup was created will be lost. If you have made a backup of the iPhone since you deleted the message, you will not be able to retrieve it either.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2021 7:06 AM in response to CVlinda

If Messages in iCloud is enabled, the messages cannot be retrieved. If you're unsure if this feature is turned on, here's how to check: Use Messages in iCloud. If Messages in iCloud isn't turned on, and you have a backup that contains the messages, they can be restored with these steps: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup. Keep in mind, any data that has been put onto your iPhone after the backup was created will be lost. If you have made a backup of the iPhone since you deleted the message, you will not be able to retrieve it either.

Deleted Text Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.