Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Serial Number Check

I have recently purchased a Macbook Air from an online store in UAE at a discounted price during black friday sale. I noticed that the serial numbers on the invoice and that on the macbook box are different. So, I haven't opened the box yet and I tried checking both the serial numbers on the invoice and on the macbook box on the website https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

For both the serial numbers, it shows "We’re sorry, we’re unable to check coverage for this serial number. Please check your information and try again."

My question is, can we check the serial numbers of unopened macbook on the checkcoverage.apple.com website? Is there any other way by which I can confirm the product is original?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 11:09 AM

4 replies

Nov 29, 2021 8:31 PM in response to ganz005

If you have not opened the box, you cannot see the serial number on the bottom of the device. And yes, you can check that number on the Apple site. If there are different numbers on the invoice and the box, I would expect something is not correct and return the item for a refund immediately. I would not do business with that seller. Apple does not keep a database of stolen devices.

Nov 29, 2021 8:44 PM in response to ganz005

ganz005 Said:

"Macbook Serial Number Check: I have recently purchased a Macbook Air from an online store in UAE at a discounted price during black friday sale. I noticed that the serial numbers on the invoice and that on the macbook box are different.[...]"

-------

Contacted the Site?

Perhaps the invoice was mistakenly typed. So, contact the site, using the Contact Us link. If a third-party site (i.e. eBay), then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable, and if you can get your money back.

Macbook Serial Number Check

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.