Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple wireless keyboard no green light

Hello I have a problem with my keyboard that it does not show green light when I click on the caps lock. If anyone had this problem and knows how to solve it please reply. Thank you.

iMac Pro

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 11:57 AM

4 replies

Nov 30, 2021 10:20 AM in response to Joni06

Hi Joni06,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you are not seeing the green light indicating that Caps Lock is enabled. We're happy to get you pointed in the right direction.

Are you still able to use Caps Lock when the light isn't on? If not, the steps here may help: If your Mac doesn't respond to key presses

If Caps Lock still works even though the light isn't enabled, reach out for further support here: Contact Apple Support

Thanks

Dec 9, 2021 1:57 PM in response to Joni06

Magic Keyboard, 27" iMac (2019), Monterey:

I have had the same problem for the last few months (quite possibly since Monterey but possibly earlier - or not related at all).

As other people have mentioned the Caps Lock key works fine, it is just that the Green LED does not work.

My solution is to turn the keyboard off (tiny switch rear right) and then on again.

Wait a minute for it to reconnect. This works for me... for a while, but then the problem reappears. While hardly the end of the world it is fairly irritating I must admit.

I will try the Option-Command-P-R suggestion when I need need to reboot, but I do this very seldom.

Normally everything just works. As it should.

If anyone has this problem on an earlier version of MacOS then that will rule out it being specific to Monterey.

apple wireless keyboard no green light

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.