Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App library

can I rearrange the apps on the App Library pages and if an app shows on more than one page can I delete it from one page without deleting it from the iPad entirely

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 12:03 PM

No, you cannot rearrange things in the App Library. You can, however, set up your own folders and arrange them as you wish.

Move apps and create folders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If an app shows on both your home screen and App Library, you can delete it from the Home screen and it will not delete it from the phone entirely (unless you tell it to). Note that seeing the app in both places doesn't mean you have two copies of the app taking up space on your phone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2021 12:03 PM in response to mikefromavinger

No, you cannot rearrange things in the App Library. You can, however, set up your own folders and arrange them as you wish.

Move apps and create folders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If an app shows on both your home screen and App Library, you can delete it from the Home screen and it will not delete it from the phone entirely (unless you tell it to). Note that seeing the app in both places doesn't mean you have two copies of the app taking up space on your phone.

Nov 29, 2021 12:28 PM in response to mikefromavinger

In what way is it "no help"? The answer to your question, "can I rearrange the apps on the App Library pages" is "No." The answer to "if an app shows on more than one page can I delete it from one page without deleting it from the iPad entirely" is yes, if you want to delete it from the Home page. All apps are in the App Library. If you delete them from there, they will be deleted from the phone.

If you don't understand the answer, please tell us what is confusing to you. If, by "no help", you mean you just don't like the answer, well, there's nothing anyone here can do about that.

App library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.