Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Lightning to Type C USB Male adapter to my headphone from Iphone 7 to connect it to USB-C on my Surface Laptop 4

Can I use Lightning to Type C USB Male adapter to my headphone from Iphone 7 to connect it to USB-C on my Surface Laptop 4

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 9:17 PM

I think I got an answer to my question. There are sold two types of adaptors that look the same. I bought online the one, which had all external features that I needed to put my iphone 7 headbuds with lightning male to one adaptor's female side, and USB-C male to put it in female USB-C slot on Surface Laptop 4. But my headbuds kept silent. In the sale notification to an adaptor, it was concisely read that adaptor is good for some Apple and Android smartphone lightning-input models for faster charging with no references about other possible (or not!) options.

After that I came online across to another adaptor looking similar to first one, double-priced, with specification that it can be used only for headphones with lightning connector to put them into USB-C on your device (not for charging purpose!).

So, I got the idea that those adapters have some differences inside what makes impossible for them to be universal for any purposes (for example, for charging, they may require a special resistor, but for data exchange in media devices it would be the "killer".

In all, you should expressly figure out adaptor's (cable's) prescribed use before buying that item.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2021 9:17 PM in response to valeriy193

I think I got an answer to my question. There are sold two types of adaptors that look the same. I bought online the one, which had all external features that I needed to put my iphone 7 headbuds with lightning male to one adaptor's female side, and USB-C male to put it in female USB-C slot on Surface Laptop 4. But my headbuds kept silent. In the sale notification to an adaptor, it was concisely read that adaptor is good for some Apple and Android smartphone lightning-input models for faster charging with no references about other possible (or not!) options.

After that I came online across to another adaptor looking similar to first one, double-priced, with specification that it can be used only for headphones with lightning connector to put them into USB-C on your device (not for charging purpose!).

So, I got the idea that those adapters have some differences inside what makes impossible for them to be universal for any purposes (for example, for charging, they may require a special resistor, but for data exchange in media devices it would be the "killer".

In all, you should expressly figure out adaptor's (cable's) prescribed use before buying that item.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.