Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get to Control Center Anymore

I've had my watch for about 5 months. Updates are uploaded automatically, so OS is current. Recently (last month or so maybe?) I've noticed that I can no longer swipe up from the watch face to get to the Control Center. I can't get to the Control Center at all. Any clues on what might be going on here?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 8

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 3:54 PM

I figured it out after reading through a bunch of other posts. Apparently the watch needed to be turned off and back on again after an update. Since the updates happen automatically and it doesn't appear to notify you when an update has occurred, I'm guessing they're relying on some 6th sense for you to know when a reset is required. LAME.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2021 3:54 PM in response to jvickers

I figured it out after reading through a bunch of other posts. Apparently the watch needed to be turned off and back on again after an update. Since the updates happen automatically and it doesn't appear to notify you when an update has occurred, I'm guessing they're relying on some 6th sense for you to know when a reset is required. LAME.

Can't get to Control Center Anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.