Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts not syncing to Cloud

Forgive me if this one has already been answered elsewhere; I've tried all the tips and tricks and nothing is working.

I have contacts in my iPhone (iPhone 12 Pro running the latest iOS) that are not syncing to my Cloud as far as I can see on www.icloud.com. That being said, they're somehow making it to my iPad via the very same Cloud. The problem here is that they're NOT making it to my MacBook Pro, and so half of my iMessages appear to be with random numbers.

The default account is set to iCloud for contacts, I've signed in and out of iCloud on both the phone and the computer, I've restarted both devices, I've toggled all settings, I don't know what to do beyond making an appointment at a Genius Bar.

Thank you for making it this far! And appreciate even being pointed in the right direction to an already existing answer.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 11:32 AM

Hello hi_immatt,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that your contacts aren’t syncing to iCloud. We are happy to help.

Please try the steps here: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support

Let us know fi you have further questions.

Take care.

2 replies

Dec 17, 2021 11:29 AM in response to hi_immatt

The answer says solved, but it didn't solve it. I have everything up to date. I have my apple id logged in with contacts listed as shared on all devices. Nothing works. New contacts don't show up on the cloud. I don't understand. Same with I was being charged for apple TV for 6 months, but on my account it shows as "Expired" - it used to sync and now it doesn't.

Contacts not syncing to Cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.