Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hide caller ID is not working

How can I hide my caller ID it won’t hide it when I toggle the switch

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 4:50 PM

5 replies

Dec 21, 2021 10:29 AM in response to sabetodo

The carrier has everything to do with caller ID. It is a carrier service. Your phone has to send your number to the carrier when you make a call for reporting and billing. The decision to forward your number to the called party is up to them.

If you have a switch or checkbox it is on your phone because the carrier included it in the Carrier Settings download on your phone. If you don’t have the feature it is because your carrier didn’t include it in their settings. So ask your carrier why they removed it.

Dec 21, 2021 5:00 PM in response to sabetodo

Ah, so you discovered Verizon uses the fairly standard “vertical service code” for hiding caller ID on an individual call. *85 will disable all caller ID. Here are others that are used by US carriers→https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_service_code

It’s a good idea not to experiment with them, because if you make a mistake you can really screw up your service.

hide caller ID is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.