Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Mac locks way to fast

I was messing with the settings and now my Mac locks after a couples minutes of not being used. I don't know how to get it back to normal.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 8:06 PM

Hi fk2333,

You can change how long your Mac waits before locking by changing the settings in these areas:

• System Preferences -> Desktop & Screen Saver -> Screen Saver. If you enable Screen Saver, your Mac won't lock until the screen saver activates.
  • System Preferences -> Battery. If Screen Saver is disabled, your Mac won't lock until the display goes to sleep.
  • System Preferences -> Security and Privacy -> General. Choose how long your Mac should wait to lock after the screen saver triggers, the display goes to sleep, or when you close the lid.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2021 8:06 PM in response to fk2333

Hi fk2333,

You can change how long your Mac waits before locking by changing the settings in these areas:

• System Preferences -> Desktop & Screen Saver -> Screen Saver. If you enable Screen Saver, your Mac won't lock until the screen saver activates.
  • System Preferences -> Battery. If Screen Saver is disabled, your Mac won't lock until the display goes to sleep.
  • System Preferences -> Security and Privacy -> General. Choose how long your Mac should wait to lock after the screen saver triggers, the display goes to sleep, or when you close the lid.

my Mac locks way to fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.