Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I chose a significant location? I just cleared my history as it had some odd locations.

Can I chose a significant location? I just cleared my history as it had some odd locations.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 2:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 6:34 AM

Hello TD5D4N90,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! We understand you want to choose a significant location on your iPhone. We're happy to assist you with this.

There's no way to choose a significant location. This is automatically done. "Your iPhone and iCloud-connected devices will keep track of places you have recently been, as well as how often and when you visited them, in order to learn places that are significant to you. This data is end-to-end encrypted and cannot be read by Apple. It is used to provide you with personalized services, such as predictive traffic routing, and to build better Memories in Photos.": Legal - Data & Privacy - Apple

Take a look at this article to see how you can Control the location information you share on iPhone.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities, and have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2021 6:34 AM in response to TD5D4N90

Hello TD5D4N90,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! We understand you want to choose a significant location on your iPhone. We're happy to assist you with this.

There's no way to choose a significant location. This is automatically done. "Your iPhone and iCloud-connected devices will keep track of places you have recently been, as well as how often and when you visited them, in order to learn places that are significant to you. This data is end-to-end encrypted and cannot be read by Apple. It is used to provide you with personalized services, such as predictive traffic routing, and to build better Memories in Photos.": Legal - Data & Privacy - Apple

Take a look at this article to see how you can Control the location information you share on iPhone.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities, and have a great day!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.