Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMS security messages

I have not been able to receive texts for verification or security codes from

short SMS numbers. Credit cards, websites, etc. say they messaged a

security number that I need to input into the websites to login.

For some reason I have stopped receiving them in messages (on phone or macbook).

Regular messages from phone numbers come through okay.

When I opt into getting shipping or order updates via messages I don't get them anymore either.

Others on my phone plan have not had this issue so not likely the carrier.

Any ideas?

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 8:16 AM

It is not the carrier that is the issue as you have already said; "Regular messages from phone numbers come through okay."

Please check the phone number registered with the agency from whom you are expecting the SMS.

4 replies

Nov 30, 2021 10:22 AM in response to NVP

I called my carrier and after an hour of troubleshooting many, different things, they sent an update code and also erased my contact information from the phone.

When restarted, the contact information was re-populated and short code numbers came through!

They said as a last resort I would have to replace the SIM card but that it was not necessary in my case.

Dec 4, 2021 4:38 AM in response to SravanKrA

It was the carrier, clicked solved by accident. I truly appreciate SravanKrA's idea though.

Calling the carrier and troubleshooting for an hour until he came up with deleting contact profile (on his end), turning my phone off and on and letting it repopulate. Hopefully that idea will save someone some time.

SMS security messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.