Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Apple Gift card in different region

Can I use an Apple gift card from another region in my region by changing my AppStore region to the one the card belongs to? Eg. If I got a US gift and I am in France. I should be able to redeem the card if I change my AppStore region to US?

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 11:13 AM

I’m currently living in Trinidad and everyone here sets up our phone region to use North America so the AppStore says USD and not TTD when making purchases and the gift cards we buy are for the American region and it works. It’s that the same as if I were to switch a let’s say UK AppStore now and I put a UK card. Shouldn’t it redeem?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 11:13 AM in response to Niel

I’m currently living in Trinidad and everyone here sets up our phone region to use North America so the AppStore says USD and not TTD when making purchases and the gift cards we buy are for the American region and it works. It’s that the same as if I were to switch a let’s say UK AppStore now and I put a UK card. Shouldn’t it redeem?

Using Apple Gift card in different region

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.