Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, I intend to buy iPhone 13 and to have my brother bring it to me to Europe. Will I be able to use my Montenegrin (European) sim card in iphone that has been bought in the US?

Hello, I intend to buy iPhone 13 and to have my brother bring it to me in Europe. Will I be able to use my Montenegrin (European) sim card in iPhone that has been bought in the US? I have an option not to choose an American carrier but to connect on my own later. But even if I choose this option, would this guarantee that I will be able to use my Montenegrin card without a problem?

iPhone 13

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 11:28 AM

You need to get an unlocked phone from Apple. As noted, do not choose an American carrier and you should be able to use your local carrier. Be aware that you will not have any warranty service coverage. If the phone would need service, you will have to return it to the US for warranty coverage.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 11:28 AM in response to jasna17

You need to get an unlocked phone from Apple. As noted, do not choose an American carrier and you should be able to use your local carrier. Be aware that you will not have any warranty service coverage. If the phone would need service, you will have to return it to the US for warranty coverage.

Hello, I intend to buy iPhone 13 and to have my brother bring it to me to Europe. Will I be able to use my Montenegrin (European) sim card in iphone that has been bought in the US?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.