Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WI-FI

I’m getting a notice that my Wi-Fi connection isn’t totally secure. How do I reconfigure my Wi-Fi connection without deleting all my saved items.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 5:47 PM

It depends on the security options available on your modem/router. You can check by going to the router's web interface and looking at the security options. Unless your router is pretty new, it will most likely not have the latest options. You can also cal your internet provider and ask if they have a router that offers the latest security options.

Other than that, you've been fine using what you have - you just did not know it wasn't the latest option. That is because the new iOS 15 now warns you which it did not do previously.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 5:47 PM in response to Davey47

It depends on the security options available on your modem/router. You can check by going to the router's web interface and looking at the security options. Unless your router is pretty new, it will most likely not have the latest options. You can also cal your internet provider and ask if they have a router that offers the latest security options.

Other than that, you've been fine using what you have - you just did not know it wasn't the latest option. That is because the new iOS 15 now warns you which it did not do previously.

WI-FI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.