Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Send and receive in iPad iMessages showing as email only.

Hello, I have seen that others have had this issue, but when I go into settings>iMessages>send&receive, only my email is showing up. Is there any way I can get iMessages to connect with my phone number?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 2:28 PM

To add a number to Messages you need the iPhone that holds that number logged in with the same Apple ID as the iPad.

The iPad on its own cannot have a number for calls or messages.

Link-> Make and receive calls on your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Link-> How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 2:28 PM in response to Spathens58

To add a number to Messages you need the iPhone that holds that number logged in with the same Apple ID as the iPad.

The iPad on its own cannot have a number for calls or messages.

Link-> Make and receive calls on your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Link-> How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

Send and receive in iPad iMessages showing as email only.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.