Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I erase my MacBook Air to factory settings?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 5:14 PM

The guidance you need is in the Related Article above your posted question.

Read closely Step 8 - Erase you Mac and Reinstall macOS.

Erasing any Mac is not trivial and is what I consider to be a last resort if you're troubleshooting a problem.

It's often much less of a chore to work through an issue before considering a reset. You're going to want to have a Time Machine backup already created to you can fall back on that if necessary. And you may need a bootable macOS installer on a USB flash drive if you plan to downgrade your Mac's operating system.

Why do you feel the need to do reset your Mac?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 5:14 PM in response to HaydenNightingale

The guidance you need is in the Related Article above your posted question.

Read closely Step 8 - Erase you Mac and Reinstall macOS.

Erasing any Mac is not trivial and is what I consider to be a last resort if you're troubleshooting a problem.

It's often much less of a chore to work through an issue before considering a reset. You're going to want to have a Time Machine backup already created to you can fall back on that if necessary. And you may need a bootable macOS installer on a USB flash drive if you plan to downgrade your Mac's operating system.

Why do you feel the need to do reset your Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.