Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync iPhone with iTunes without USB

The USB ports on my 2012 unibody (9,2) Macbook Pro recently stopped working (System Information below).

My MBP runs Mojave, I've done SMC resets, opened the back and disconnected then reconnected the battery, and still the ports won't run. I need to sync my iPhone 11 with iTunes but can't do so without the USB ports working. I also can't setup sync with WiFi because that requires a USB cable to set up WiFi sync.

Is there a workaround that will allow me to sync my iPhone with iTunes without USB?

Thanks in advance for any solutions.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Dec 1, 2021 2:19 AM in response to David Auckland

Unfortunately not. That Mac's knocking 10 years old, mate, you really should think about replacing it, from a security perspective, if nothing else. It can't be updated past Catalina and, the older it gets the more open to security vulnerabilities it becomes.

You can't backup your phone without connecting it to iTunes/the Finder, your Thunderbolt ports are FUBAR - it's had a good innings, time to let it go, mate.

By the way, not that it makes any odds, but Mojave is 10.14, underneath your post you state 10.15, which is Catalina.

How to sync iPhone with iTunes without USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.