Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.1 update issues

iOS 15.1 is downloaded on my iPhone 11 but I am unable to install it. I keep getting a message “unable to install update.

An error occurred installing iOS 15.1.

Try again or remind me later.”

I have tried a few times at different times but keep getting the same message.

Is it my phone or is there an known issue with the update?

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 11:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 12:02 AM

Use internet speed over 15 Mbps (both download and upload) speed for error free update. Avoid latching on to Hotspot or WiFi Extenders

VPN or proxy connections might prevent your device from contacting the update servers.

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS, try downloading the update again:

1. Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage.
  1. Find the iOS update in the list of apps.
  1. Tap the iOS update, then tap Delete Update.
  1. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS update.

If you don’t see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with iTunes.

Try updating iOS after each step.

• Try Forget the WiFi network and add again
  • Try another WiFi network 
  • Toggle sets automatically off and then on
  • Reset your network settings
  • Force restart your device
  • Remove any beta profiles, if applicable
  • If everything fails: - Use iTunes or Finder (for MacOS Catalina+) to update your device instead of over-the-air

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2021 12:02 AM in response to Anpadh

Use internet speed over 15 Mbps (both download and upload) speed for error free update. Avoid latching on to Hotspot or WiFi Extenders

VPN or proxy connections might prevent your device from contacting the update servers.

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS, try downloading the update again:

1. Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage.
  1. Find the iOS update in the list of apps.
  1. Tap the iOS update, then tap Delete Update.
  1. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS update.

If you don’t see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with iTunes.

Try updating iOS after each step.

• Try Forget the WiFi network and add again
  • Try another WiFi network 
  • Toggle sets automatically off and then on
  • Reset your network settings
  • Force restart your device
  • Remove any beta profiles, if applicable
  • If everything fails: - Use iTunes or Finder (for MacOS Catalina+) to update your device instead of over-the-air

iOS 15.1 update issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.