Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why so complicated?

I tried to purchase an iPad for my girl friend from Apple Philippines. When it came to pay I discovered that it would not accept a U.K. card. Only a U.S. card or one from South Asian countries. Why have this restriction?

So instead of paying 19,999 Pesos I had to pay 23,000 Pesos from a dealer in a Mall.

I resent Apple rejecting a valid card - I thought Visa was global.

During the set up process we tried to get an Apple ID for my friend but it kept failing on this new iPad. Why?

So while I insisted on getting her an iPad I ask would we have had the same problem if I had bought her a Samsung tablet.

Why does Apple make it so complicated?

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 10:24 AM

Hello geniusoflvb! Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you’re unable to set up a new Apple ID for your girlfriend on the iPad you purchased. We'd like to look into this with you to see how we can help. 

The following resource has information on how to set up a new Apple ID: How to create a new Apple ID

If the issue persists, let us know if you’re seeing any error messages when it fails to set up, and let us know what the error message says. 

Make it a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2021 10:24 AM in response to geniusoflvb

Hello geniusoflvb! Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you’re unable to set up a new Apple ID for your girlfriend on the iPad you purchased. We'd like to look into this with you to see how we can help. 

The following resource has information on how to set up a new Apple ID: How to create a new Apple ID

If the issue persists, let us know if you’re seeing any error messages when it fails to set up, and let us know what the error message says. 

Make it a great day!

Why so complicated?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.