Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages is not working properly

Pages is not working properly after the latest update of to 12.0.1.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 10:21 AM

6 replies

Dec 3, 2021 12:38 PM in response to VikingOSX

I can tell what it might be because I'm experiencing it.

Specifically, my iMac runs only Catalina and isn't supported by Big Sur.

Since the upgrade to Big Sur by Apple I'm getting periodic messages when trying to write into a Pages file, that there is an update available...an update which is not functinable on my iMac. It looks as though Apple doesn't give a rip about earlier versions or models by users unless they upgrade to Big Sur.

This would be livable except Pages will now not allow me to alter a file unless I click on the message, which sends me to the App store.

Please tell me if I'm missing something here as I don't want to believe Apple is as inept or cold as this looks.

I'm not the only user to notice this.

Dec 3, 2021 1:05 PM in response to laddie1954

You would get that inane dialog about a new version of Pages, even if you were still on Mountain Lion running Pages '09 v4.3. Just dismiss the dialog, as being on Catalina, you cannot get Pages v11.2 which requires Big Sur or later to install.

I still have an iMac running Mojave and I got this dialog the other day, but it did not force me to the Mac App Store.

Pages is not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.