Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update safari browser?

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 7:58 AM

The way Safari is updated is by upgrading your computer's software. An upgrade is when you install a newer OS version, such as upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur. An update is to install a newer version of the same operating system. The reason for this is because Safari is installed as part of the operating system. It cannot normally be individually installed. Incidentally, a newer version of Safari does not always work with every web site. Sometimes it is necessary to install another browser such as Firefox or one of the many browsers available from the Apple App Store to use with certain web sites. They are individually installed and upgraded.

So, the latest Safari version is installed when you upgrade the OS on your iMac. You can check the model year of your iMac under the Apple menu > About This Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2021 7:58 AM in response to ANuch1

The way Safari is updated is by upgrading your computer's software. An upgrade is when you install a newer OS version, such as upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur. An update is to install a newer version of the same operating system. The reason for this is because Safari is installed as part of the operating system. It cannot normally be individually installed. Incidentally, a newer version of Safari does not always work with every web site. Sometimes it is necessary to install another browser such as Firefox or one of the many browsers available from the Apple App Store to use with certain web sites. They are individually installed and upgraded.

So, the latest Safari version is installed when you upgrade the OS on your iMac. You can check the model year of your iMac under the Apple menu > About This Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.