Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix M1 Pro Macbook unable to recognize seperate monitors?

Right now i have 2 monitors connected to my m1 pro macbook, both of the same brand. However, in display settings, my macbook is unable to recognize that there are 2 seperate displays connected, and instead thinks there is only 1. As a result, even though I am able to display onto my 2 external monitors, i am not able to extend the windows between my monitors as the macbook only sees 1 external monitor. So instead of seeing 3 different screens, i am stuck with 1 screen on my macbook, and 1 "same" screen between my 2 external monitors.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 10:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 3:15 AM

Since you have the new M1 MBP, Your setup should be:

1 HDMI connection

1 USB-C to DisplayPort

(straight from your Mac if possible, hubs tend to mess things up)

Then go to:

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences> click Displays >then click Display Settings.

Click the name of your display > then choose Extend Display from the pop-up menu.

You do not want to mirror the displays...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2021 3:15 AM in response to tan2021

Since you have the new M1 MBP, Your setup should be:

1 HDMI connection

1 USB-C to DisplayPort

(straight from your Mac if possible, hubs tend to mess things up)

Then go to:

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences> click Displays >then click Display Settings.

Click the name of your display > then choose Extend Display from the pop-up menu.

You do not want to mirror the displays...

How to fix M1 Pro Macbook unable to recognize seperate monitors?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.