You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring app to iPhone

I have an app on my iPad Air 4 that is from before the iOS 12 changeover. It’s no longer available for download, and the developers can no longer be reached.

It’s an app I still use often, though, and I would love to be able to transfer it to my iPhone.

Because it’s pre-iOS 12, it doesn’t have the Share App capability. Even though I’ve had it on a previous iPhone, it doesn’t show up at all in the Not on this iPhone list under Purchased in the App Store.

Is there any way to get this app transferred from my iPad to my iPhone?

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 1:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 6:57 AM

Some apps are outdated and the developer no longer updates and/or stop completely. Or the apps have already been removed from the App Store.

An example here:

I was able to keep the app, but it won't work anymore.

Since that is an app from long ago (before iOS 12) guess there is no way to transfer it to the iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 2, 2021 6:57 AM in response to apollymi

Some apps are outdated and the developer no longer updates and/or stop completely. Or the apps have already been removed from the App Store.

An example here:

I was able to keep the app, but it won't work anymore.

Since that is an app from long ago (before iOS 12) guess there is no way to transfer it to the iPhone.

Transferring app to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.