Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac-mini M1 > compatible with Samsung A800... monitor @ 3840x2160?

I've selected, but not yet bought, the "Samsung A800 Series 27" IPS LED 4k UHD Monitor with HDR" for my new (2021) "Mac-mini M1". This monitor has a maximum and native resolution of 3840x2160. Will the Mac-mini support this resolution, and if so, on which cable? Thank you.

Bill

Mac mini, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 8:06 AM

Mac mini - Technical Specifications - Apple

state

6K resolution which is 6144 x 3160 pixels

their site says

27” S80UA UHD High Resolution Monitor with USB-C Monitors - LS27A800UJNXGO | Samsung US

it has hdmi and displayport and usb-c the later is a bit tricky because it's a connector for both thunderbolt and usb-3 and usb-4

I would proably first try an usb-c(thunderbolt to display port dongle) and if that gave problems an hdmi cable

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2021 8:06 AM in response to B038584

Mac mini - Technical Specifications - Apple

state

6K resolution which is 6144 x 3160 pixels

their site says

27” S80UA UHD High Resolution Monitor with USB-C Monitors - LS27A800UJNXGO | Samsung US

it has hdmi and displayport and usb-c the later is a bit tricky because it's a connector for both thunderbolt and usb-3 and usb-4

I would proably first try an usb-c(thunderbolt to display port dongle) and if that gave problems an hdmi cable

Dec 6, 2021 7:09 AM in response to Rudegar

Thank you, Rudegar. On your advice, I'll try one of the HDMI cables I have laying around, although that was not going to be my first choice. I like your suggestion re. the "USB-C to Display Port dongle", as long as the cost is reasonable. I bought a "USB-C to RJ45" dongle some months back at Best Buy, for a new Lenovo laptop purchased at Costco - cost $20 and works well. On that experience alone I acquired great confidence in USB-C........, but don't have any knowledge (yet) of Display Port.

Mac-mini M1 > compatible with Samsung A800... monitor @ 3840x2160?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.