Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I create a Spreadsheet in Pages ?

Creating a spreadsheet in Pages. I have been using an Excel spreadsheet from Windows and I cannot make changes on my Mac.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 10:02 AM

Although Pages will support tables, it is a word processing application and Apple offers the free Numbers v11.2 from the Mac App Store that is a proper spreadsheet application. Neither of these applications is a clone of its Microsoft counterpart but will open and translate the Word or Excel content to the Apple document format (.pages, .numbers). Features unique to Microsoft applications may not be translated correctly or at all.

Unlike Microsoft application design, Pages cannot embed a Numbers spreadsheet and automatically update that content with changes to the Numbers spreadsheet.

Numbers v11.2 for Mac

Numbers Support Site.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2021 10:02 AM in response to Capt. Arty

Although Pages will support tables, it is a word processing application and Apple offers the free Numbers v11.2 from the Mac App Store that is a proper spreadsheet application. Neither of these applications is a clone of its Microsoft counterpart but will open and translate the Word or Excel content to the Apple document format (.pages, .numbers). Features unique to Microsoft applications may not be translated correctly or at all.

Unlike Microsoft application design, Pages cannot embed a Numbers spreadsheet and automatically update that content with changes to the Numbers spreadsheet.

Numbers v11.2 for Mac

Numbers Support Site.

How can I create a Spreadsheet in Pages ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.