Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Activation Lock on Apple Watch without previous owner

my friend gave me their watch they don’t use no more I reset it but now every time I try to pair it has activation lock and they no longer have the login information what do I do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 11:14 AM

Absolutely nothing, unless your friend can produce proof of purchase, in which case they can open a support ticket with Apple via the link at the bottom of this support article:How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support. If your friend no longer has proof they purchased the Watch, then there is nothing to be done. Activation lock exists to protect the owner's data. Without the original owner's Apple ID and password or proof of purchase, it cannot be removed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2021 11:14 AM in response to nay231

Absolutely nothing, unless your friend can produce proof of purchase, in which case they can open a support ticket with Apple via the link at the bottom of this support article:How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support. If your friend no longer has proof they purchased the Watch, then there is nothing to be done. Activation lock exists to protect the owner's data. Without the original owner's Apple ID and password or proof of purchase, it cannot be removed.

Dec 3, 2021 1:56 AM in response to nay231

Your friend can do this;

You can ask apple to remove the activation lock online on this page;

Online Activation Lock Removal Tool.

Or this;

If you can't remember/gain access to the apple id that paired the watch to the phone.Take the watch and it's receipt along with some photo id and any other proof of ownership to an Apple Store and request that they remove the Activation Lock for you.

Remove Activation Lock on Apple Watch without previous owner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.