Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can magnet harm my iPad Pro?

I experienced putting my M1-powered iPad Pro on my bed’s headboard, when suddenly it stick to a metal. It fits quite right as the iPad Pro leans against the wall. So, I thought I can somehow put the device there more often as it sits steadily. My concern is that does such situation harm my device?

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 1:45 PM

Hi MaCritic,

We understand you have questions about the magnets in iPad. We're happy to offer some guidance.

The magnets on iPad are used to attach it to accessories like cases and keyboards. Here's examples of ones Apple makes:

Smart Folio

Magic Keyboard

The cases have magnets in them as well that align with the array of magnets on the back of iPad to create a stronger attachment when they're connected. The magnets are not really designed to attach the iPad to a surface, like a refrigerator for example. If you are attaching the iPad directly to some metal surface, just be sure that it is attached well enough that it won't fall. If the iPad falls on to a hard surface you run the risk of damaging the housing or the display glass.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2021 1:45 PM in response to MaCritic

Hi MaCritic,

We understand you have questions about the magnets in iPad. We're happy to offer some guidance.

The magnets on iPad are used to attach it to accessories like cases and keyboards. Here's examples of ones Apple makes:

Smart Folio

Magic Keyboard

The cases have magnets in them as well that align with the array of magnets on the back of iPad to create a stronger attachment when they're connected. The magnets are not really designed to attach the iPad to a surface, like a refrigerator for example. If you are attaching the iPad directly to some metal surface, just be sure that it is attached well enough that it won't fall. If the iPad falls on to a hard surface you run the risk of damaging the housing or the display glass.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Can magnet harm my iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.