Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri search on Apple TV no longer searches other apps

Apple TV used to show what other apps movies and television shows were available on when you did a search. Now, when I search for a movie I know is on another app, the search for only return a link to buy or rent the movie from iTunes. Today is December 2, 2021, and if I search for Jungle Cruise using Siri, the only choices available on the search results are to rent or buy the movie from iTunes, even though I subscribe to Disney+ and it is available for free there. I have seen this question asked before on this site, but the Apple representatives who answered the question seem to willfully ignore the answer and try to blame software updates or needing to reset hardware. I have done both of those things and it still does not work. This was one of my favorite features on my Apple TV, as it saved me money when I wanted to watch a movie and I did not know which service it was streaming on for free from the five or six I subscribe to. Is there a setting somewhere to turn this back on or did Apple just remove the feature?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 1:49 AM

When I search for Jungle Cruise, the movie’s Details page comes up, and I can choose between Buy/Rent, and Open in… That latter option brings up Disney+ as an option. It seems to work just fine for me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

About Search on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Siri search on Apple TV no longer searches other apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.