Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV offer not actually free?

I got Apple TV for 3 months free… but it won’t let me watch anything unless I download and join Disney+? Is this true?

what’s the point of this? Free, but not really free?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 8:52 PM

Your free subscription for three months is to Apple's service called AppleTV+ and to use this you have to accept the free trial then sign in with your Apple ID credentials. The instruction of how to achieve this is in this page.

The AppleTV+ service is one of the Apps in the first row at the main menu on the Apple TV.

The AppleTV unit is also capable of accessing other streaming services via the apps you see at the main menu. One of these is Disney+ which is not an Apple service and requires its own subscription. Netflix is another which can be accessed on the Apple TV but also requires its own subscription. There are many others.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2021 8:52 PM in response to Slowmo_Jenkins

Your free subscription for three months is to Apple's service called AppleTV+ and to use this you have to accept the free trial then sign in with your Apple ID credentials. The instruction of how to achieve this is in this page.

The AppleTV+ service is one of the Apps in the first row at the main menu on the Apple TV.

The AppleTV unit is also capable of accessing other streaming services via the apps you see at the main menu. One of these is Disney+ which is not an Apple service and requires its own subscription. Netflix is another which can be accessed on the Apple TV but also requires its own subscription. There are many others.

Apple TV offer not actually free?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.