Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook screen replacement

My 2020 13” MacBook’s screen is black with lines going across it vertically and horizontally… I’m pretty sure it’s the LCD that I must have accidentally cracked or something. So I was wondering how much it would cost to completely replace a MacBook screen (as it covers the whole screen) and if it’s super expensive how to get any cheaper options… I have looked for a while on here and Apple’s Mac repair website but it’s all about repairs and not replacing something. If someone could help me that would be great

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 9:44 PM

Rumoredguy Said:

"MacBook screen replacement: My 2020 13” MacBook’s screen is black with lines going across it vertically and horizontally… I’m pretty sure it’s the LCD that I must have accidentally cracked or something. So I was wondering how much it would cost to completely replace a MacBook screen"

-------

Has it Been Less than a Year?:

It is getting to the end of the year. So, how old is this device, since the date of purchase? Did you purchase it from Apple? Did you purchase warranty with it? Contact Apple Support to get the prices. If found to be a fault device then it would likely be nothing on you. But, only Apple has the ultimate say in prices. So, contact them ASAP.

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device:

Note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this, if purchased from Apple. So, either return these (you have 14 days to do so), or contact Apple Support, seeing if you can get these replaced. 

Contact Apple Support:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. And that makes sense because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2021 9:44 PM in response to Rumoredguy

Rumoredguy Said:

"MacBook screen replacement: My 2020 13” MacBook’s screen is black with lines going across it vertically and horizontally… I’m pretty sure it’s the LCD that I must have accidentally cracked or something. So I was wondering how much it would cost to completely replace a MacBook screen"

-------

Has it Been Less than a Year?:

It is getting to the end of the year. So, how old is this device, since the date of purchase? Did you purchase it from Apple? Did you purchase warranty with it? Contact Apple Support to get the prices. If found to be a fault device then it would likely be nothing on you. But, only Apple has the ultimate say in prices. So, contact them ASAP.

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device:

Note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this, if purchased from Apple. So, either return these (you have 14 days to do so), or contact Apple Support, seeing if you can get these replaced. 

Contact Apple Support:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. And that makes sense because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Dec 29, 2021 10:26 AM in response to HOLLY7759

HOLLY7759 Said:

"MacBook screen replacement: I too have (just recently) experienced the blank screen on my 2020 MacBook Pro. I have not dropped or bumped it, because it has always sat on my desk. My hope is that Apple takes note of this trend and offer a replacement recall. Some friends have also mentioned they experienced the exact same issue."

-------

Use Apple Feedback:

If you and your friends have all come across this, then provide Apple with feedback on what is going on. The more words they receive on this, the more likely they will know what is going on, and what fixes to include in updates to come.

Reporting this to Apple:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary.

Dec 2, 2021 10:56 PM in response to Rumoredguy

2020 13”MacBook Pro screen cracked。

This also happened to me。

Apple store Genius Bar Manager pretended not to know about this 「Manufracturing Defects」!!!!!

I bought my computer about 5 months ,

I got cracked screen。

I paid $622 to repair it。Only one month 

Period ,my computer screen cracked 

again !!!!!

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook screen replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.