Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi i lost my iphone XR,When I try to find the phone its not showing the device

hi i lost my iphone ,i tried to find the device but its saying ive got no devices so I cannot access the location of the phone

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 11:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 11:12 PM

Not sure how you are looking for your lost iPhone XR, however, review the information in this guide published by Apple ➔ If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support.

Note that your lost iPhone must be able to make the connection to the internet via Wi-Fi or cellular connection so that it can mark its location and broadcast it. 

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2021 11:12 PM in response to Legin258

Not sure how you are looking for your lost iPhone XR, however, review the information in this guide published by Apple ➔ If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support.

Note that your lost iPhone must be able to make the connection to the internet via Wi-Fi or cellular connection so that it can mark its location and broadcast it. 

Axel F.

Dec 3, 2021 12:42 AM in response to Legin258

Apple will never send such a message to you. This is because Apple cannot get involved in finding lost iPhones. Apple does not have access to any of your data to be able to conduct searches and provide status updates of lost iPhones. The user (you) have to use the apps and methods available to you to locate your iPhone (if you can).

The message that you received is a fake message from the finder or the thief of your iPhone. The goal of that text message is to get you to click on the link and then capture your Apple ID and password if you enter that. This information can then be used to remove the activation lock.

One thing to note and that is that if you have a passcode lock on your iPhone, then the thief cannot do much except erase your iPhone but then the person will run into an Activation Lock. Judging from the text message that you posted, your iPhone is probably already erased and the effort is being made to remove the Activation Lock.

Review this guide again for more information ➔ If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support.

Axel F.

hi i lost my iphone XR,When I try to find the phone its not showing the device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.