Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad pro 11" does not detect charging from the 20w wall charger, it only charges when connecting usb-c to a laptop

I have tried DFU and restored but that didn't help. My iPad would only charge if I use usb-c to my laptop. I bought a brand new apple wall adaptor charger, but that the bad behavior continues. My iPad is only two years old. I feel this is a software issue. When this first happened, I just needed to reboot my iPad. Rebooting iPad no longer helps now. I am running iOs 15.1.

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 1:04 AM

In such a situation, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device (along with the 20W charger and its cable) inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2021 1:04 AM in response to anna_y

In such a situation, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device (along with the 20W charger and its cable) inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

iPad pro 11" does not detect charging from the 20w wall charger, it only charges when connecting usb-c to a laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.