Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2019 dying at 90%

My two and a half year old MacBook Air has been dying faster and faster when not plugged in to a power source, to the point where it only has about 30 minutes of battery before "dying" – it's not really dying, it's more shutting down and displaying the red battery icon when I try to turn it back on again, but when I plug it in, it often acts as though it was just in sleep mode when I turn it back on again (though it does sometimes just completely shut down). Does my battery need to be replaced or is this a fixable problem?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 1:07 AM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

First, reset the NVRAM and SMC:

Then, Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support.

This article may also help: Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support.

If the resets do not help or Apple Diagnostics identifies an issue, Get Support.

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2021 1:07 AM in response to Arcsin_v

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

First, reset the NVRAM and SMC:

Then, Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support.

This article may also help: Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support.

If the resets do not help or Apple Diagnostics identifies an issue, Get Support.

Jack

MacBook Air 2019 dying at 90%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.