Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading Apple Watch 5 to a 7

Hi, I'm upgrading my Apple Watch 5 GPS and Cellular to an Apple Watch 7 GPS and Cellular. Can anyone tell me if I need to let my carrier know, or when I do the initial set up will the cellular stuff come right over?

Also, I'm giving my 5 to my daughter, but with the cellular off, do I need to do anything special to that besides unpair it from my phone?

Thanks for any help.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 1:39 AM

When you unpair the phone you will be asked if you want to keep your cellular plan or remove it,you will have to remove it if you're giving the watch to your daughter then setup the cellular plan again on your new watch 7;

See these pages;

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else

And;

Set up cellular on Apple Watch

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2021 1:39 AM in response to iinami

When you unpair the phone you will be asked if you want to keep your cellular plan or remove it,you will have to remove it if you're giving the watch to your daughter then setup the cellular plan again on your new watch 7;

See these pages;

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else

And;

Set up cellular on Apple Watch

Upgrading Apple Watch 5 to a 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.