Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my messages aren't syncing from my iPhone to my MacBook

I am not sure how to sync my messages. This is a new issue and I'm not sure how it started. I can send messages, but my MacBook doesn't update with messages received/sent on my Iphone.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 6:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 3:34 AM

This is all predicated on the Apple Computer and Apple iPhone are both using the same Apple ID and iCloud is enabled on both devices. Plus, the various features in iCloud are also enabled.

Use Messages in iCloud and then on iPhone >> Setting >> General >> Messages. Inside there " Text Forwarding " is enable. Still in there, the Apple Computer is listed by Name and slider to green for this to work.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2021 3:34 AM in response to Jenniferr32

This is all predicated on the Apple Computer and Apple iPhone are both using the same Apple ID and iCloud is enabled on both devices. Plus, the various features in iCloud are also enabled.

Use Messages in iCloud and then on iPhone >> Setting >> General >> Messages. Inside there " Text Forwarding " is enable. Still in there, the Apple Computer is listed by Name and slider to green for this to work.

my messages aren't syncing from my iPhone to my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.