Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad unlocking

I bought an old iPad from the Estate of a deceased person. How do I get it unlocked? Hope I didn’t throw away my Holiday money.

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 8:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 9:08 PM

duanna208 Said:

"When a person is Dead there’s gotta be away to unlock their old Technology."

-------

Deceased Family Member:

Nothing can be cone on your end, if you are not part of the seller's family. So, only way around this may be to have the seller contact Apple Support, requesting access to their account, then the enable the device. Have the seller use this link: How to Request Access to a Deceased Family Member's Apple Accounts - Apple Support. The point of a locked device is that it is a theft deterrent.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2021 9:08 PM in response to duanna208

duanna208 Said:

"When a person is Dead there’s gotta be away to unlock their old Technology."

-------

Deceased Family Member:

Nothing can be cone on your end, if you are not part of the seller's family. So, only way around this may be to have the seller contact Apple Support, requesting access to their account, then the enable the device. Have the seller use this link: How to Request Access to a Deceased Family Member's Apple Accounts - Apple Support. The point of a locked device is that it is a theft deterrent.

iPad unlocking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.