Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get rid of the apple screen message?

Why is my iPhone saying not an apple screen?

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 8:35 PM

Adoss1212 Said:

"How can I get rid of the apple screen message?: Why is my iPhone saying not an apple screen?"

-------

Genuine Display Message:

Did you Get a Replaced Screen?:

If you are getting notifications about a screen being ungenuine, then ask the person who replaced it to replace it once more, but this time with a genuine screen. The person should have known better. Elsewise, you'll continue getting the notification.  Learn More here: About Genuine iPhone Displays - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2021 8:35 PM in response to Adoss1212

Adoss1212 Said:

"How can I get rid of the apple screen message?: Why is my iPhone saying not an apple screen?"

-------

Genuine Display Message:

Did you Get a Replaced Screen?:

If you are getting notifications about a screen being ungenuine, then ask the person who replaced it to replace it once more, but this time with a genuine screen. The person should have known better. Elsewise, you'll continue getting the notification.  Learn More here: About Genuine iPhone Displays - Apple Support

Dec 3, 2021 8:44 PM in response to Adoss1212

You can do nothing to remove the message, short of replacing the display. The message will cease showing on the lock screen after four days of device use, and will cease to display within Settings after fifteen days, and will only be visible in Settings > General > About after fifteen days, as is listed in the article that got you here.

How can I get rid of the apple screen message?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.