Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac does not start up all of the way

How do I get the disk utility to come up to repair startup?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 10:08 PM

IMacDeb Said:

"My Mac does not start up all of the way: How do I get the disk utility to come up to repair startup?"

-------

Getting into Disk Utility:

Boot into Recovery Mode. (Silicon Chip or Intel Clip): Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seen. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2021 10:08 PM in response to IMacDeb

IMacDeb Said:

"My Mac does not start up all of the way: How do I get the disk utility to come up to repair startup?"

-------

Getting into Disk Utility:

Boot into Recovery Mode. (Silicon Chip or Intel Clip): Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seen. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

My Mac does not start up all of the way

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.