Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with files

I’ve received a file by airdrop, which was 25 MB pdf file with wrongly set file format (txt instead of pdf). I accepted that and kept it on my download folder. As I recognised that was a wrong file I tried to delete it.

this operation was not available on my phone, because phone tried to display that wrong file.

so, I logged in to the iCloud Drive on browser and delete this broken file.

I thought it would help but it wasn’t. My phone still want to open file which is displayed on the screenshot above.

now I can’t use my files on phone. Have you ever met problem like this and have solution?

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 1:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 3:14 AM

Hello,

uninstalling and installing application Files helped with that issue. I guess that broken file was in application cache, so it was displayed when I opened app. Thanks for advice

sincerely

Raffsu

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 4, 2021 7:19 PM in response to Raffsu

Hello Raffsu,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities about issues with the Files app not working properly. We're happy to help.

Please go through the troubleshooting here, including forcing the app to close: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won't open - Apple Support

If the issue continues, log in to iCloud.com and check iCloud Drive. Is the file still there? Do your other files show up there? Does the Files app work properly on other devices signed in with the same Apple ID? Thanks.

Problem with files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.