Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 6 won’t charge

I have an apple watch 6, when the battery dies it won’t charge, (it charges fine if I get it charged before it dies.) It just displays the time and a green lighten bolt in the top left. The charging circle does not fill. Normally I solve this my force restarting the watch, but I also have trouble force restarting, I press the the two buttons together as stated for the 10 secs and more and nothing, just keeps popping up with the display screen. Very frustrating as only had the watch a couple of months.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 3:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 6:43 AM

Checkout this article about actions to take is your Watch won’t charge.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204640

Similar questions

11 replies

Feb 23, 2022 5:35 AM in response to AngieKR

This has been going on since last December and has now included worse where the battery dies in a few hours.

This is worse than the not charging issue which is cheaply and quite conveniently got around by 3 USB C to USB A Adapters bought on Amazon or eBay

These and the Charger lead in the box means you can use in 3 places, except 1, all your previous iPhone USB A Wall chargers

Fraction of the cost of the massive size of the Apple 20w USB C Charger too.

Feb 23, 2022 7:42 AM in response to AngieKR

I still have this charging problem and still refuse to get a massive 20w USB C charger.

I decided a month or 2 ago to get 3 USB C female to USB A male adapters from eBay ( or Amazon) for a fraction of the cost of wall charger.

This lets you use ALL the favourite USB A wall chargers you used before in 3 different places.

Unlike being told to use the USB C port maybe in the remote part of the house somewhere it can be plugged in any where at all like we used to. Even the car USB A Port. I drive out in the morning after sleep tracking all night. Fully Charged within 45 mins and back on the wrist until next morning.

Almost as convenient as before.

And maybe Apple might sort out the software soon too.

Feb 23, 2022 9:49 AM in response to deggie

My posts since Dec last year have always said I refuse to add to the mountains of E-waste and buy this charger when we were told by Apple we never would have to and use our old iPhone etc chargers and leads in October last year.

Not only that at 7.42 just above your question about the actual size of the charger and suggesting I buy a smaller one is the explanation why not.

I do actually use the recycled iPhone 5w USB A charger which is very petite and with the UDB C TO USB A adapter charges from 4% to over 80% in 36 minutes.

This actually is one of the 3 USB A Wall chargers that are shown compatible with everyone’s AW7 and AW SE watches.

Feb 23, 2022 10:11 AM in response to Georgyboy3

Did you have a different alias when you posted back in December?

You aren’t adding to mountains of waste and since new devices will be conforming to the EU USB-C mandate eventually you will need new chargers. As I previously posted I took a coat pocket full of USB-A 5W power adapters to Apple to be recycled as well as one 18W power adapter. So I have not added to E waste.

Eventually your adapters will also be E waste so you are actually doing the same thing by purchasing multiple ones.

Apple Watch 6 won’t charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.