Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV constant buffering

My apple tv is constantly buffering on all apps.

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 11:02 PM

Seems like a home network issue, not necessarily a device issue.

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

What is the bandwidth on your internet plan?

What remaining bandwidth is reaching the Apple TV? Speedtest app for Apple TV (4th generation or later) - App Store preview - Apple

If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

• Restart both your router and the Apple TV box.
  • Make sure DNS is set to Auto .
  • If on Wi-Fi, try Ethernet.
  • To see a current status of the network get a report from iStumbler, NetStumbler or similar. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks, overlapping channel use.
  • Test on another network.
9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2021 11:02 PM in response to mercedes230

Seems like a home network issue, not necessarily a device issue.

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

What is the bandwidth on your internet plan?

What remaining bandwidth is reaching the Apple TV? Speedtest app for Apple TV (4th generation or later) - App Store preview - Apple

If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

• Restart both your router and the Apple TV box.
  • Make sure DNS is set to Auto .
  • If on Wi-Fi, try Ethernet.
  • To see a current status of the network get a report from iStumbler, NetStumbler or similar. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks, overlapping channel use.
  • Test on another network.

Jan 30, 2022 8:07 AM in response to mercedes230

My Apple TV constantly buffers as well. It does it with any app and it is definitely not a home network problem. I don’t have any problems with my Roku device, or my computer. It is only the Apple TV. I even switched ethernet ports and cables between the Apple TV and the Roku and the Apple TV still has problems and the Roku works perfectly. This is all on ethernet mind you. Anyway to fix it? Thanks

Feb 19, 2022 8:35 AM in response to mercedes230

My Apple TV A1625 is also constantly buffering and now some live streaming apps (CBSN) only load pre-recorded content. The app works on my TV and iPhone CBSN apps. Netflix seems to have more buffering events than other apps. I bought a new TV because it wasn't internet speed; bought new routers and ATT fiber gateway. Totally didn't occur to me that the problem was with the Apple TV device.

Apple TV constant buffering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.