Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing a Reminder using Siri

I am able to set a reminder with Siri, but if I want to change it, Siri says “I don’t see an app for that. You’ll have to download one”. But I do have the Reminders app on my phone, so what’s the problem?

iPhone SE

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 7:03 AM

BethDRSRDP,

Thanks for the update. If you have the Reminders app installed on your device, that is all that's needed and Siri should be able to set up a new reminder for you when requested: Use Reminders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

-What steps did you take to delete that third-party app? Do you still see it listed under Settings > General > iPhone storage?

-If you open the Reminders app directly, are you able to successfully set up a new reminder and have it alert?

-Do you have an Apple Watch paired with your iPhone? If so, are you able to use Siri from your watch to set up a reminder without issue?

-Does Siri fail to set a new reminder when you use "Hey Siri" in your command only? Or, does it also fail when you press the Side button for Siri?

-What specific command are you using with Siri when it fails, and are you able to use Siri for all other requests without issue?

Head over to Settings > General > Software Update. Do you have any pending updates you can perform? If so, consider updating your iOS and check for resolution afterwards: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Be sure to backup to iCloud or your computer before updating.

Cheers.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2021 7:03 AM in response to BethDRSRDP

BethDRSRDP,

Thanks for the update. If you have the Reminders app installed on your device, that is all that's needed and Siri should be able to set up a new reminder for you when requested: Use Reminders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

-What steps did you take to delete that third-party app? Do you still see it listed under Settings > General > iPhone storage?

-If you open the Reminders app directly, are you able to successfully set up a new reminder and have it alert?

-Do you have an Apple Watch paired with your iPhone? If so, are you able to use Siri from your watch to set up a reminder without issue?

-Does Siri fail to set a new reminder when you use "Hey Siri" in your command only? Or, does it also fail when you press the Side button for Siri?

-What specific command are you using with Siri when it fails, and are you able to use Siri for all other requests without issue?

Head over to Settings > General > Software Update. Do you have any pending updates you can perform? If so, consider updating your iOS and check for resolution afterwards: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Be sure to backup to iCloud or your computer before updating.

Cheers.

Dec 5, 2021 5:37 PM in response to karina184

Hello! I'm sure your reply is very helpful, but it's not for me. I have restarted my iPhone several times, and the issue remains. To explain further, I had an app on my iPhone called Our Groceries, and every time I wanted to change a reminder using Siri, the response was "I can change it only in Our Groceries", which has nothing to do with reminders at all!

Then I removed the app, thinking the app was the problem. Now I receive the response of: "I don't see an app for that. You will need to download one". So perhaps you can tell me what the app is I need to download?

Changing a Reminder using Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.