Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Texts and calls

Can any of the iPhones block texts but allow calls from that number?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 5:45 PM

Hello,

That is not possible on any iPhone that I am aware of.

You might be able to have your cellular carrier block SMS (text) messages from a particular number while leaving it able to call you. This wouldn’t block iMessages tho.

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

“When you block a phone number or contact, they can still leave a voicemail, but you won't get a notification. Messages that are sent or received won't be delivered. Also, the contact won't get a notification that the call or message was blocked.”

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2021 5:45 PM in response to Rbutters

Hello,

That is not possible on any iPhone that I am aware of.

You might be able to have your cellular carrier block SMS (text) messages from a particular number while leaving it able to call you. This wouldn’t block iMessages tho.

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

“When you block a phone number or contact, they can still leave a voicemail, but you won't get a notification. Messages that are sent or received won't be delivered. Also, the contact won't get a notification that the call or message was blocked.”

I hope this helps.

Texts and calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.