Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Microphone forMacBook M1 and iPad

I would like to get Shure MOTIV MV5 microphone for MacBook M1 and iPad.

1- Is it supported for both?

2- Do I need to download a certain App?

3- How does the external Microphone get its power?

Are there any current users who could share their experiences and give me some heads up advice.

thanks,

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 1:30 AM

Apple says yes:

Engineered for easy use when you're on the go, the Shure MOTIV MV5 Digital condenser microphone delivers convenient, high-quality plug and play audio capture for Mac, PC, iPhone, iPod, and iPad. 

For the iPad you use this app:

Use the ShurePlus™ MOTIV app for high-quality digital recording and editing with MOTIV microphones or as a standalone tool.

The mic comes with:

MicroB-to-USB cable

Not sure what type of USB end. Your Mac and newer iPads have USB-C connector so if the USB end on the included cable is USB-A you need a USB-A to USB-C adapter.

Shure MOTIV MV5 Digital Condenser Microphone - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2021 1:30 AM in response to waxwingDr

Apple says yes:

Engineered for easy use when you're on the go, the Shure MOTIV MV5 Digital condenser microphone delivers convenient, high-quality plug and play audio capture for Mac, PC, iPhone, iPod, and iPad. 

For the iPad you use this app:

Use the ShurePlus™ MOTIV app for high-quality digital recording and editing with MOTIV microphones or as a standalone tool.

The mic comes with:

MicroB-to-USB cable

Not sure what type of USB end. Your Mac and newer iPads have USB-C connector so if the USB end on the included cable is USB-A you need a USB-A to USB-C adapter.

Shure MOTIV MV5 Digital Condenser Microphone - Apple

External Microphone forMacBook M1 and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.