Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app doesn't appear in location services

app doesn't appear in location services. How can i give permission to use location services when is not listed there. It is a sports app than uses gps to track my running activities.

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 11:58 AM

the app developer needs to write their app appropriately so that it'll request access, then be populated in that list.

You could try deleting and re-downloading the app and see if it prompts you.

Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Redownload apps and games from Apple - Apple Support

Or you could poke around in the app's settings and see if there is a switch to flip that prompts you to grant access.

Otherwise you may have to contact the app developer

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2021 11:58 AM in response to armando8

the app developer needs to write their app appropriately so that it'll request access, then be populated in that list.

You could try deleting and re-downloading the app and see if it prompts you.

Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Redownload apps and games from Apple - Apple Support

Or you could poke around in the app's settings and see if there is a switch to flip that prompts you to grant access.

Otherwise you may have to contact the app developer

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Dec 5, 2021 12:13 PM in response to Chris0107

Hi thanks for helping me. I already deleted the app and reloaded. I also reset the privacy and location services. I wouldn't know about the app developer issue because it used to be there and worked properly. But all of the sudden stoped. I can't tell if it was an iOS update or an app update but it disappear from location services and the gps stop working. I also have a friend than has the same iOS version 15.1.1 and the same app and it does appear on his location Services. Im guesing is a software or divice error i have and i am open to suggestions ...

app doesn't appear in location services

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.